Eco-Washing Up Liquid
BioHygieneEco-Washing Up liquid utilises safe, eco-friendly, naturally derived surfactants that quickly and easily remove grease, oils and food residue from dishes and eating utensils, leaving them clean and streak free.
How does it work?
Water alone can’t clean greasy dishes and plates. Surfactants play a crucial part in attacking and removing grease and food residues. Surfactants lower the surface tension of the water allowing it to spread and effectively cover the soiled surface. Agitation during the washing process, helps break the grease and oils into smaller, easier-to-remove molecules. One end of the surfactant molecule is strongly attracted to water; the other is attracted to oily soils and grease. The oily soils become surrounded and trapped by the surfactant molecules and because they are suspended in water they are easily washed away leaving a clean, sparkling streak free surface.
Once flushed away down the drain, traditional surfactants don’t stop working: and have a similar effect on aquatic life. For example, they can attack the natural oils in the mucus membranes of fish, stopping their gills from working properly, thus increasing their risk of attack from other chemicals in the water.
Some surfactants are more toxic than others to fish and other aquatic life including plants therefore they need to biodegrade quickly and fully in the environment and sewage treatment plants so as not to impart harm to the natural world and BioHygienesurfactants fall into this last category. Careful ingredient selection is essential from the outset to ensure minimal environmental impact, both during raw material production and in use, so that the product is gentle and kind to the end user and the environment. Intelligent ingredient choices in BioHygieneEco-Washing Up liquid ensure that it offers a truly eco-friendly cleaning solution.
- Concentrated formula, reducing the cost in use, single use plastic and CO2e
- Highly efficacious, innovative ingredients
- Naturally derived, readily biodegradable, safe formulation with no environmental classification, unlike many market leading brands
- Contains gentle plant derived sustainable surfactants
- Releases greasy deposits from the dishes dispersing them into the wash water, effectively preventing redisposition onto the surface of crockery, utensils and glassware
- Gentle on hands, tough on grease
- Leaves crockery and utensils sparkling clean
- Reduces CO2e by up to 85%
- Local UK Production and supply chain reduces CO2e impact from transport
- Technologies are renewable and sustainable, sourced from plant extracts, fermentation, microbes and manufacturing by-products reducing CO2e and environmental toxicity.
- Post Consumer Recycled bottles provide a circular life cycle reducing CO2e and removing physical plastic pollution.
- Highly concentrated to reduce plastic, transport and storage costs and environmental impact.
- Readily biodegradable (99% over <28 days)
- 0% manufacturing waste.
- Not tested on animals.
- Excludes all ‘watch list’ raw materials.