How does it work?
Odour and blocked urinals/pipework are a major issue in washrooms. Scale build up in waste water pipework is caused by a combination of limescale and uric acid which forms an ideal breeding ground for urease producing bacteria. These bacteria convert urea into ammonia, increasing scale build-up and creating foul smelling odours, ultimately leading to high cost emergency repair costs or high capital replacement cost.
Bio urinal blocks differ from traditional fragranced urinal blocks. Rather than mask the odour temporarily, they contain microbes that establish self renewing biofilms deep inside pipework and plumbing lines. These biofilms secrete enzymes that break down insoluble uric scale, significantly reducing its build up and potential to block pipes. The product microbes also break down protein based waste, volatile fatty acids and ammonia ensuring sustained and effective odour control throughout the washroom.
Water softeners reduce the build up of classic inorganic or hard water scale, helping to keep any deposits that do form soft in consistency and more easily dislodged by the flush water.
- Provide water savings by reducing flush frequency without associated odour and scale problems
- Contains water softeners to reduce inorganic scale build up
- Ensures pipes remain free flowing and blockage free
- No aggressive or caustic chemicals
- Pleasant fragrance to provide a lasting and fresh scent while the microbes work
- Suitable for all types of urinals and troughs, including stainless steel, porcelain and ceramic